If you’re a ROBLOX player and have ever received Roblox error code 277, then this blog post is for you. There are many different reasons why error code 277 occurs, as well as multiple ways to fix it. In this blog post, we will discuss exactly what Roblox error code 277 is, how to resolve the problem when it arises, and provide some helpful tips that could help prevent the issue from occurring in the future.
What is Roblox Error Code 277 and what does it mean?
Roblox Error Code 277 is a network connection error. The game connects to our servers and then receives an error from the server, usually because of internet connectivity or bandwidth issues on your device.
- Ensure that you are connected to a stable wifi network with good reception; other networks like cellular data often suffer from poor signal strength and will cause these errors as well
- Make sure that there is no issue with ROBLOX’s service by checking Roblox’s status page (link below)
- Restarting your computer may also help resolve this problem even if it is not caused by a faulty hardware component. If restarting doesn’t fix the problem, try connecting to another WiFI network instead of using cellular data. If you still experience difficulties please contact customer support
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 277 when you see it?
To Fix Roblox Error Code 277 you need to do the following:
- First off, make sure your internet connection is stable. If it’s not the problem then go to “Fixing a Roblox error 277”
- Check if you have any malware that could be disabling Roblox from running properly by going to “Malware/Spyware Removal Guide for Windows and Mac OS X”.
- Close all program windows except Roblox (if open). Make sure nothing else is opened in other tabs on your browser or anything like that. This includes email programs, chat windows, IMs, and so forth. If this does not help restart Roblox and try again.
Method 1: Use Roblox Error Code 277 Utility Tools
- Download the Roblox error code 277 tool
- Extract it to a folder on your computer
- Double click on one of the files in that folder and follow the installation instructions.
- Press the fix button.
- Now, restart the computer or Laptop to fix Roblox Error Code 277.
Method 2: Run the ROBLOX Compatibility Mode
Run the ROBLOX Compatibility Mode, which should have been installed when you first downloaded ROBLOX.
Launch the game and then select “Play”. Click on “Launch Options” and click on the button that says “Compatibility”. Select a date from 2005 to 2007 and start up your game again.
If this doesn’t work for some reason, try installing one of these popular plugins: ‘ROBLOX Player Plugin’, or ‘CandyTexturePack’. If they still don’t solve it contact Roblox support.
Furthermore, if you are using Windows 10 there is a setting that can fix compatibility problems.
- You can see the Roblox error code 277 when you click on the game’s compatibility settings.
- Open Your computer Windows Task Manager and select the Roblox process. Click on File> Run Compatibility Troubleshooter to resolve error 277 with Roblox.
Here are the steps for changing ROBLOX compatibility mode settings are given below:
- You can press right-click menu, choose Properties.
- Then, create a Compatibility Rules section with the following configuration:
- For the app to work, set any version of Windows you wish and click OK.
If you can not change ROBLOX Compatibility mode settings, then use the in-built program compatibility troubleshooter
Here are the steps for using Windows Built-in Program Compatibility Troubleshooter is given below:
- Go to the Windows Start menu and run it.
- Selecting a previous version of Windows from the RUN search results.
- Click on the OK button to start a troubleshooting process.
- Check all the possible potential compatibility issues with your apps.
- Once the analysis is complete, you’ll be able to see what apps are causing trouble.
- Find ROBLOX in the list of games.
- Choose the Recommended troubleshooting option.
- Restarting your PC will fix the Roblox error code 277 and prevent it from appearing again.
Update Your Default Browser
Roblox error code 277 is usually caused because the default browser on your computer is not up-to-date. Updating your browser will fix this problem!
- Step One: Open Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari and type in “update” into the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Step Two: Click on ‘Update’ for whichever program you are using to find updates for it – whether that be Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. This should update your current version of their respective web browsers and close out all other windows automatically if prompted.
- Step Three: Now try loading Roblox again by either going back to roblox.com through a new tab in whatever browser you just updated (or by going to another browser and then going back into Roblox)
- Step Four: If this doesn’t work, continue reading. It’s possible that your issue is not with the default browser on your computer but rather something else entirely!
Delete the ROBLOX Log Files
You need to delete the Roblox Log Files in order to fix the Roblox error code 277.
- Launch the Run dialog by simultaneously pressing Windows + R.
- Type the following command in the Run dialog box and then press Enter%localappdata%Robloxlogs
- Delete all the files.
- Open the Run dialog once again and type the following command:%USERPROFILE%AppDataLocalLowRbxLogs
- Run the program.
Try to Connect Different Network
You need to change your Wifi network setting on your computer. This can be done by clicking the “Start” button (or pressing Windows+S) and then typing in “Network Connections” to find it quickly. You should see a window that looks something like this:
- The quickest way is just unplugging an ethernet cable from one of the ports, but if you want to change which network connection is used for internet access, click where it says ‘Ethernet’ or whatever type of connection you have and select another option such as Wi-Fi.
An Error Message is Showing on My Screen: Connect Now or Disconnect?
If you see an error message saying “Connect now or disconnect” then please click “Disconnect” and follow these instructions for uninstalling your anti-virus software that might be causing this issue.
- Click Control Panel in Windows, under Programs find AntiVirus by clicking Uninstall a Program (if it’s not there you may need to select view all programs), right-click your antivirus program, go into properties, and uninstall it from here.
- The next time ROBLOX starts up again try connecting with no firewall blocking connections and if the problem persists please contact customer care.
ROBLOX Error Repair Tool [The Best tool to fix ROBLOX Errors]
There are plenty of tools to fix ROBLOX errors and this is one of the best.
The tool scans for corrupted game files in your client or system files, checks if there are any problems with Steam cache, verifies the integrity of game cache on disk, fixes registry issues to preserve hardware resources. The program also repairs different types of crashes that may occur while playing games on the Windows Operating System.
This unique service will save you a lot of time fixing computers because it provides automated functions that can solve most common computer errors without user interaction.”
Why do errors happen on ROBLOX?
The Roblox Error Code 277 occurs when there is a problem with the server. This error code will often show up when someone has tried to log into your account from an unknown device, or if you have been playing on two devices at once and one of them was disconnected without saving data.
The ROBLOX Error Code 277 can also happen if you are using an old version due to disabled auto-update features for some mobile operating systems like Android OS that do not support it. It could also be caused by issues in Windows Firewall which may block connections between Roblox’s servers and computers running games.”
Tips for preventing Roblox Error Code 277 from appearing in the future
For preventing Roblox Error Code 277 from happing in the future, you can try following these steps:
- Delete any ROBLOX Log Files located in C:\Users\USERNAMEHERE\AppData\LocalLow.
- Clear your cache and cookies for your browser or device by performing a hard reboot of this device
- Run Windows System File Checker to check if there are any corrupted files on your system that may be causing the Roblox error code 277 messages. If no errors are found, please contact us with more information about how Roblox Error Code 277 was triggered (just click here). We’re happy to help! For now, though, we recommend restarting Roblox again.”
Frequently Asked Question
Question: I keep getting this Roblox error code 277 error. What can I do?
Answer: If you are running Windows, first try deleting the ROBLOX log files. For instructions on how to delete these logs, please see the following article: Delete Log Files
If that doesn’t work, go into your computer’s Start Menu and type in “services”. Once there find “Windows Search” and then click Properties > Stop (if it is running) or start (if not). You will need Admin privileges for this step. This should clear up what may be causing the issue with any unnecessary processes interfering as well!
Question: What is Roblox error code 277?
Answer: Error Code 277 can be caused by one of two things. The first possibility is that your video driver may need an update, or the second possibility is a corrupt installation of ROBLOX on your computer.
Question: What is a corrupt installation of ROBLOX?
Answer: A corrupt installation of ROBLOX will mean that there are corrupted files and folders on your computer. This can often lead to error codes, most commonly 277 which we have already talked about. The first step in fixing this issue would be deleting the logs found here: C:\Users\<username\AppData\Roaming \Roblox Corporation\Logs
Once you have deleted all these files, restart your PC and try running Roblox again!
Question: How do I delete my “ROBLOX Log Files”?
Answer: This is a very easy question to answer! Simply go into C:\Users\<username\AppData\Roaming \Roblox Corporation and delete everything that you find there.
That should be all you need to know about how to fix a ROBLOX error code 277. It might not work for everyone, but it is worth giving it a try before contacting Roblox customer service and waiting on hold! Hopefully, this has helped you resolve your problem quicker than reading through dozens of articles online or talking with customer service representatives for hours on end!