Asus Aura Sync is a technology that synchronizes your lighting system with the colors on your screen. It’s an innovative feature, but it can have its issues! In this blog post, we’ll be going over how to fix Asus aura sync, not working issues: The easiest solution.
What is ASUS Aura Sync and what does it do?
ASUS Aura Sync is a technology that synchronizes the illumination of your compatible ASUS PC with other peripherals such as gaming mice or keyboards. ASUS has also created an ecosystem called AURA which ties together all of their products on one intuitive interface, so you can customize the colors to match your mood and style.
The main benefit here is for gamers who want more immersion in games while playing at nighttime without disturbing others in dark rooms or late-night double sessions when they don’t want to disturb people living in close proximity with them. It’s useful because it cuts down on glare from screens and creates distinct zones where different types of activity happen – like workstations, home entertainment centers, etc., creating custom lighting schemes for each zone helps the user to focus on the task at hand without being distracted.
The lighting interface is also customizable so that you can create your own personal color scheme and then tie it into other devices in the house, like lights or appliances for a cohesive look
The main benefit here is for gamers who want more immersion in games while playing at nighttime without disturbing others in dark rooms or late-night double sessions when they don’t want to disturb people living in close proximity with them; It’s useful because it cuts down on glare and distraction for other people in the room, as well.
Asus Aura Sync also synchronizes all of ASUS’s latest products on one intuitive interface, so gamers can customize the colors to match their mood and style while playing games with various light effects happening throughout different zones of gameplay space! The main benefit here is for gamers who want more immersion in games while playing at nighttime without disturbing others in dark rooms or late-night double sessions when they don’t want to disturb people living in close proximity with them; It’s useful because it cuts down on glare and distraction for other people in the room, as well.
Why are Asus Aura Sync not working issues happening?
- There are many reasons why your Asus Aura Sync not working issue may be happening.
- One of the most common causes is that you have a monitor plugged into either the HDMI or DisplayPort connector on your graphics card, but no display has been detected by Windows yet because it does not recognize any available connections to use for output.
- You can fix this issue in one of two ways: first, right-click on the Desktop and go to Screen Resolution > Detect displays which will show all monitors connected to your PC; alternatively, if there’s only one display showing then leave as is and unplug all other cables from the back of the computer so connection points aren’t being used for something else like an external DVD drive.
- The other issue is possible if you’re using a multi-monitor setup and your gaming monitor is the only one showing up.
- You can fix this by going to Control Panel > Display Settings > Advanced display settings > Monitor and then clicking on Change displays which will show all monitors connected to your PC, either through HDMI or DVI ports.
Why did my Asus Aura Sync stop working after Windows 10 update?
I had an Asus Aura Sync that worked just fine after I updated it to Windows. Then one day, the light on my keyboard started flashing in a pattern and didn’t stop no matter what I did. After that happened, the software for all of my devices stopped working together with each other and now they’re not syncing at all! How can I fix this?
One solution is to uninstall everything from your PC and then reinstall it with USB cables plugged into the computer instead of going wireless via WiFi or Bluetooth. That will solve any chance that something was messed up when you upgraded to Windows. Once you do that, try installing updates again using those same connections if possible rather than connecting wirelessly so there’s less interference between your keyboard and the software.
Another thing you can do is just update all of your drivers for everything that uses Aura Sync by opening up Device Manager instead of going through Windows Update because it’s not guaranteed to have every driver updated in a timely manner which will then fix any problems with Asus aura sync after updating windows.
This website has tried its best to provide this information free, but if you wish to show some support, please consider making a donation so I can continue providing quality content like this! You would really be helping out an independent creator who relies on donations from readers like yourself!
How to fix the issue of Asus Aura Sync not working?
Aura Sync is a feature of Asus motherboards and graphics cards that allows them to synchronize with each other. It will allow for some great effects, such as the lighting on your keyboard being synchronized with the color it displays in-game, or vice versa. Asus Aura sync has various issues that users may come across while trying to use this technology. This article provides solutions for fixing these common issues along with their respective fixes!
Issue One: The theme doesn’t change when you switch between Windows/Gaming Mode
Fix: Press both buttons at once (Win key + G) then press Win+G again after switching back into Windows mode; the issue should be fixed now.
Issue Two: Keyboard lights don’t match up with what is on screen
Fix: Turn off the personalization mode in Windows or change it to limited. This will fix the issue and make your keyboard’s lights work properly again!
Issue Three: The Keyboard/Mouse doesn’t turn back on after turning them off
Fix: Hold down Shift + Fn keys, then unplug and replug your keyboard/mouse; this will reset both devices at once. Now you should be able to see any lights that are lit up afterward! These issues can all be fixed by following these simple steps provided for each individual problem. Give them a try today if Asus Aura Sync isn’t working like it used to before!
Why Does Asus Aura Sync not Work?
ASUS Aura Sync is a lighting technology that synchronizes the RGB colors and effects of different components in your PC’s setup.
It was first introduced on the Asus ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming motherboard and has since been used with more products like gaming chairs, monitors, mice, keyboards, or even desk lamps. The idea behind it is to make all these parts coordinate well together so you can enjoy seamless color gradients across many brightening zones at once for example.
However, not everyone uses this feature yet because it might be hard to use if you don’t have enough knowledge about how it works.
Definitive Fixes for Aura Sync Not Working
Reconnecting the RGB Headers
The RGB Headers are not properly connected to the motherboard because of a loose connection. You can fix this by following these steps:
- Disconnect all cables from your PC and remove any devices such as external hard drives, USB sticks or graphics cards that you might have installed on it.
- Remove the side panel in order to access the headers better; disconnect them by pulling out their connectors which will be evident even without dismantling anything for just having removed the side panel.
- Put everything back together again while making sure to keep up with where each cable goes so they don’t get mixed up when reattaching them. Make sure that no connector is left unconnected behind at any point during this process!
- Start up your PC and check whether the problem persists.
- If it does, then there might be something inside of the case that is preventing a connection to form between one or more pieces of hardware by blocking them on either side.
- This could be because you are using cables that are too short so try swapping those out for longer ones and see if this solves the issue.”
Uninstalling the other RGB light syncing apps
To uninstall Asus aura sync, simply right click on the system tray icon.
You will see a pop up menu with three options: “Disable Sync”, “Quit Application” and “Uninstall Program.”
Clicking on either of the first two items should result inAsus aura sync being removed entirely without any further effort needed by you;
Step #B – Uninstalling Other RGB Light Syncing AppsIf one or more other apps are installed that also work with Asus Aura then these too need to be uninstalled before proceeding. The process is the same as outlined in Step #A, but you are looking for any other apps that offer to sync with RGB lights on your Asus system. This might include “iConnectHue” or “Lightscape”.
Disabling the Fast Startup feature of Windows
- Press the Windows logo key and “r” on your keyboard.
- In the dialog box that appears, type powercfg -h off in the text field.
- Click Yes to confirm you want to disable Fast Startup.
- Reboot your computer when prompted by entering shutdown /s /t 0 at a command prompt (thiswill restart Windows).
Reinstalling the App
Reinstalling the Asus Aura Sync App might address some of your issues. Before doing this, close and restart your computer to ensure all programs are running at their maximum speed.
From Windows Task Manager, open Services. Scroll down until you see “Aura Accessibility,” then stop it by right clicking on the icon and selecting ‘Disconnect’. Example below:
Then right click on [email protected] (service) -> select Properties -> set Startup Type as Manual or Disabled if troubleshooting a specific feature that does not work properly with automatic activation mode enabled(Ex – Active Lighting). Cause for concern is when there’s an Automatic checkmark next to “Startup type”. This will disable your Asus Aura Sync features.
How to Uninstall Aura Sync App?
- From Windows Task Manager, open Services -> scroll down until you see “Aura Accessibility.” Right click and select Disconnect that will disable automatic activation of this feature
- Open Apps in Settings-> Scroll down and find ‘Aura’ App -> Click More on app icon (More) => Select Disable if troubleshooting a specific feature that does not work properly with automatic activation mode enabled(Ex – Active Lighting). Cause for concern is when there’s an Automatic checkmark next to “Startup type”. This will disable your Asus aura sync features.
- If necessary , you can also disable aura sync via the Command Prompt by navigating to your installation folder
The Asus Aura app monitors your system for events and reports them to other devices. When installing or uninstalling a device, please be aware that it might cause errors with Aura Sync if not done properly.
Appropriate Aura Sync Installation Steps
- These steps are for installing Asus Aura Sync software on Windows computer.
- Download the latest version of Asus Aura from this link: [Link] and install it to your PC.
- After installation, you’ll be prompted with a notification that says “Successfully installed.” Click Okay then Close when finish installing. You can now launch the app by going through Start Menu or search at Programs -> Accessories -> ASUS Lighting Control -> ASUS Lighting Effect .
Note: To make sure all hardware is compatible, please click “Check Compatibility” button and enable other devices besides keyboard/mouse which may not show up in compatibility Checker but still work as they should; like mouse pad, headset etc.
How to Use Aura Sync Software?
Asus Aura Sync is a software program that synchronizes your Asus hardware and peripherals with the colors on screen. It can create unique experiences for games, movies or just general content use. This guide will help you to set up as well as troubleshoot common issues related to this tool including not working in Windows.
Open the aura software and click on the “show all devices” button at the top of the window. This will scan for any compatible Asus peripherals connected via USB cable within range (usually up to two meters) from you computer, with an OLED monitor attached or not.”
The list that pops up should show your device’s identification number which is needed when configuring each individual piece of hardware separately by clicking on “options”.
Select one of the following options:
Choose this option if you want choose what color effect is displayed when something happens in game such as getting hit or killed; Lighting Effect
Choose this option to choose what color effect is displayed when you turn on or off the keyboard backlight; Keyboard Effect
Select this and a separate window will pop up in order to select which RGB(red, green, blue) keys light up.
If you do not have Asus Aura Sync Application then follow the steps is given below:
The first step is downloading the latest version of Asus Aura Sync: You can download it from here (link).
- Once downloaded install the application by opening it from where you saved it .
- Restart your PC after installation if told to do so.
- Run the executable file called “Aura” located at C:\Program Files\ASUS\.
Follow any instructions given during setup then close aura when it finishes.
- Once the Aura software has been successfully installed, you should now be able to use your Asus peripherals with any supported content on your computer screen
- To do this simply plug in all of your hardware and then start up a game or application that supports aura sync features such as games like Witcher III: Wild Hunt.
- You will find an option called “Aura” when starting compatible applications where you can enable or disable aurora effects according to what suits you best. If one doesn’t show up for some reason try unplugging and replugging in your peripheral devices again – restarting Windows could also help here if nothing else seems to work.”
It’s important not just because it is really cool but also because it can be used to create a more immersive experience in-game.
Troubleshooting steps for fixing the problem with your Asus Aura sync not working properly
Step One: Check your computer’s BIOS settings. If the option to enable Aura Sync is not available in the BIOS, please update the latest version of Asus software on your PC and try again.
Step Two: Make sure you have installed all drivers for both motherboard and graphics card using Windows Device Manager or our driver download page here.
- When enabling Aura sync from within ASUS GeForce Experience, make sure that these components are set up correctly; otherwise it will cause a system crash when trying to start a game with aura sync enabled. (You can also configure this through Nvidia Control Panel) **Tip: if you’re experiencing issues with any part of the GPU setup then just disable aura synchronization before starting any games which should resolve those problems .
- Make sure all Asus Aura Sync enabled software is updated to the latest version.
- If you do not see an “Aura Sync” tab on your game, then go to System Settings -> Gaming -> GameVisual and enable it there.
Step Three: Check for any hardware incompatibilities or conflicts that may be preventing aura sync from working correctly.
Other issues that may cause problems with your Asus aura sync system
- Users sometimes have issues with the Asus aura sync light not working. This is because of a simple software issue that can be fixed by making sure your hardware has been updated to the latest version, and then running an update on the software. Another thing you can do if this problem persists is to change from USB power supply to AC Power Supply which will fix any problems caused by faulty cables or bad connections.
- If there are still no lights after updating both your computer and ASUS Aura Sync Hardware, it’s possible that one or more of your devices may need their firmware (or other updates) updated as well in order for them work properly again. Check each device individually for new updates available through Windows Update, Manufacturer Updates Software Manager , or looking for firmware updates on the device manufacturer’s website.
- If this does not work, you can try to change from a USB power supply to an AC Power Supply which will fix any problems caused by faulty cables or bad connections.
Common fixes for other known problems affecting this product
- Ensure that your motherboard is supported by Aura Sync. Check the list of compatible motherboards here: [link to this page]
- Update all drivers and BIOS for both hardware components, including GPUs and peripherals. Using outdated software may cause sync issues or malfunctions with functionality. Visit our driver download pages at support.asus.com/downloads
- Make sure Aurasync Software is running in background as it should be after booting up PC (Windows). You can do so by opening “Start” menu > search for “Aura” > select ASUS aura on windows taskbar > click “Open”. Run other applications before disconnecting from power supply or unplugging USB devices to avoid conflicts between them and the software.
- Ensure that you are using the newest version of Aura Sync Software (v0.12) by downloading it from here: support.asus.com/downloads > select “OS” > use search option to find latest aura sync v0.12 and download it on your PC, then follow installation steps as instructed in the installer program window
- Check whether there is enough available memory on both your motherboard and GPU for displaying graphics information or rendering videos with high resolution enabled
Frequently Asked Question
Question: How does Asus Aura Sync Work?
Answer: The aura sync software is used to control and synchronize the lighting on your motherboard, graphics card, keyboard or other peripherals. In order for it to work correctly you need two things: an ASUS-branded hardware device with RGB Lighting which can either be a Motherboard where the lights are controlled via asus’ aura sync software or for example a gaming mouse that also has rgb lighting such as the ROG Spatha swordmaster mouse.
Once both parts of this system are set up they will automatically communicate with each other when in close range (within about six inches). This communication is done through infrared signals sent from one part of the setup to another. You should only have one ASUS-branded device with RGB lighting enabled at a time.
The ASUS aura sync software is only meant for controlling the lights on other devices, you cannot control the color of your screen or CPU cooler using it. The Aura Sync Software also does not work when plugged into an external monitor as this would be too far away from all other connected devices to allow communication through infrared signals sent from one part of the setup to another (within about six inches).
If both parts of your system are set up correctly and within close range they will automatically communicate with each other when in close range (within about six inches). This communication can be done through infrared signals sent between the two components that have been paired together via Asus’ aura sync software which then automatically syncs the colors and effects of both components.
Question: My screen or CPU cooler does not have a RGB header but I want to use aura sync. What can I do ?
Answer: You can purchase a header from the ASUS website. The installation is relatively simple and will take you about 20 minutes to complete. For more information on the installation and a video tutorial please visit our website.
Question: How to Use Aura Sync Software?
Answer: ASUS aura sync software allows users to customize their RGB colors according to their individual preferences. You can also synchronize your LED lights with other ASUS devices or create an entirely new theme for yourself . The latest version of Asus aura sync now supports over 200 different patterns, so you should have no trouble finding one that suits you! For more detailed instructions check out this link (link)
Question: My ASUS Aura Sync not working. What is wrong?
Answer: If both parts of your system are set up correctly and within close range they will automatically communicate with each other when in close range (within about six meters) and synchronize their color. If this is not happening, you may need to adjust the broadcast range for your ASUS aura sync software in your control panel or change where you are standing so that they can ‘see’ each other clearly.
So we finally come to the end of this article. Hopefully you have learnt some more about how Aura Sync software works and what limitations it has on your gaming setup. If you found this guide helpful please share or comment below!