Motherboards are the most important component in a computer system. They are responsible for connecting all of the other components and provide them with power. In this article, we will examine the 11 best motherboards for Ryzen 5 3600X to help you pick out your best motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600x based on their specs, features and design.
Ryzen 5 is AMD’s latest chip with six cores and 12 threads. The AMD Ryzen 3600X comes out of the box clocked at a base frequency of four gigahertz which is boosted to five GHz in overclocking conditions.
AMD has increased the L cache size from 64 kilobytes for its previous generation mainstream CPUs up to 96 kilobytes, while also increasing the prefetch limit from 128 bytes per line to 320 bytes per line, resulting in an increase of performance by roughly 20% overall according to AMD benchmarks.
The AMD Rayzen CPU family all have higher power consumption than Intel counterparts but they offer much better price-to-performance ratios.
AMD Ryzen based on 7nm architecture is AMD’s first foray into new architecture and offers a significant boost in IPC performance. AMD also plans to use its high-performance GPUs as co-processors for some of the heavy lifting, which should offer even better results
AMD AMD Ryzen 3600X specification
Base clock frequency: 400 MHz
Boost Clock Frequency: 600 MHz
Number of CPU Cores/Threads: Six cores (12 threads)
Maximum Memory Bandwidth – 29.75 Gbps
Gigabyte per second: 1489.25 Gigabytes per Second or 16 memory channels at 2667 MT/sec with two DIMMs each on dual-channel mode) The AMD Ryzen 3600X integrated graphics can be boosted up to AMD Radeon VII AMD’s high-end graphics card.
Power Consumption: 65 watts TDP
Memory Type Support – DDR-2667 Memory Frequency (Dual Channel)
Processor Graphics Integrated AMD UHD 630
Graphics Processor Model AMD Radeon VII, the world’s most advanced GPU for gamers and creators
Graphics Output Maximum Digital Resolution 4096×23040 at 60Hz with DisplayPort++
Maximum Analog (VGA) Resolutions 2048×1536 at 85 Hz or 1920×[email protected] as standard output resolution in VBIOS; all resolutions can be used simultaneously on display port* *Display Port not supported by Windows XP operating system. The AMD 3600X supports AMD’s AMD Radeon VII graphics card for integrated graphics.
11 Best Motherboards for Ryzen 5 3600X
- Best Performance Motherboard | ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Formula
- Best Overall B550 Motherboard For Ryzen 5 3600X | GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite
- Best Budget B450 Motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600X | ASRock B450M Steel Legend
- Best X570 Motherboard | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E
- Best B450 Motherboard for Gaming | MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC
- Best Gaming Motherboard | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus
- Best Mini ITX Motherboard | ASUS ROG Strix X570-I
- Best Micro ATX Motherboard | Asus ROG Strix B450-F
- Best B550 Motherboard | MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS
- Best Mid-Range B550 Motherboard For Ryzen 5 3600X | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
- Best Budget B550 Motherboard For Ryzen 5 3600X | MSI B550-A PRO ProSeries
12+2 Power Phase Design
Dual Channel ECC/ Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
6 Phase VRM with 60 A Power Supply
12+4 Powerful VRM Layout
8+2 Doubler Power Phase Design
Supports both Ryzen 2nd and 3rd Gen
Best Mini ITX
8+2 VRM Layout | ProCool I
Best Micro ATX
6+2 PWM Design
10 Phase VRM Design
Best Mid-Range B550
7 Phase VRM Desig
Support of 128 GB DDR 4 (5100 + OC)
Support PCIe 4.0
Multi-GPU CFX Support
2 x M.2 Sockets
12+2 Power Stages
Asus Aura Sync RGB Lighting
Best Budget B550
DDR4 Memory, up to 4400(OC) MHz
PCIe 4.0, Lightning Gen4 x4 M.2
AMD Turbo USB 3.2 Gen 2
Extended Heatsink Design
Best Performance Motherboard
ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Formula
ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Formula is a motherboard with robust VRM, enough USB ports for gamers and other enthusiasts, and some nifty features. With features and quality in mind, this motherboard is worth the advanced investment. The board offers premium aesthetics with black PCB and aluminum heatsinks.
This motherboard features both the traditional styled ASRock Home screen, and an ASUS-styled ROG Crosshair VIII Formula interface. The machine also has colorful LED lights that can be tailored in a number of ways.
There is a lot of VRM space on this board. The 12+2 phase design is rated to provide 60A for your CPU and integrated quality alloy chokes, and metallic capacitors. With this, additional options for power include an 8-pin and optional 4-pin connectors.
We believe that the 8-pin connector alone should suffice to fuel your CPU. ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula’s cooling system includes an onboard water pump.
In addition to the extensive cooling system, there is also a comprehensive thermal design to keep everything cool. Beyond that, the board has cooling technology for the heated VRMs to operate optimally and maximize overclocking potential.
The board supports up to 128 GB of DDR 4 RAM and is outfitted with an overclockable AMD Ryzen series, which can go as high as 5100 MHz depending on your CPU.
The X570 offers two M.2 slots with heatsinks, which are available in either PCIe or SATA configurations. ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII includes five PCIe slots including three PCIe x16 and two that are reinforced for Multi-GPU support.
For a number of factors, this motherboard can be considered one of the best out in the market. It starts with upgraded I/O ports for Type-A and C USB 3.2 Gen 2 connections, as well as use of Wi-fi 6 Bluetooth v5.0 and an included 2.5G LAN connection
- ASUS proprietary Aura Sync RGB lighting
- ASUS Prime X570 chipset and ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme motherboard
- Dual M.O.D. slots for extreme memory support, up to DDR4500+MHz with overclocking
- ASUS Hyper M.O – III cooling system which includes a metal backplate that helps dissipate heat away from the board while improving aesthetics
- ASUS AURA SYNC synchronizes onboard LEDs across multiple different components (motherboard, graphics card, fans) using an OLED screen or other supported devices for maximum personalization
- ASUS AURA EXTENSION II device is required to connect two ASUS AURA SYNC enabled boards together via USB cable in order to sync both motherboards ‘ ASUS AURA SYNC supported onboard LEDs.
- ASUS Aura Sync RGB lighting on the motherboard and graphics card which features a total of 64 different colors – each color is 100% customizable
- ASUS FanConnect II technology lets you attach two or more cooling fans to your system for added performance, while still maintaining high airflow. This also eliminates any excess noise from extra fan motor amps with intelligent RPM detection.
GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite
The best features of the Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite are found in its 8 chips Intel GbE LAN and 1 USB 3.1 type-C port, which provide flexible connectivity options, varied power control settings, and a responsive interface that make for an efficient computer system.
The first thing to note is that this motherboard will work with AMD’s 3rd Generation Ryzen processors. This makes it a dual-channel unbuffered non-EEC DDR4 with 4 DIMMs that provide maximum performance to enhance your processor’s speed. With more speed, you can play games or complete other tasks offline or for longer.
With the AORUS Elite Gaming motherboard, regulating your computer’s cooling is straightforward. It features a large thermal heatsink which ensures that you’ll never have to worry about overheating again.
This motherboard lets you customize your CPU by changing its colors with the RGB LED lighting.
When you These features are compare also this the motherboard best with the when others compared in to its category, other you similar will experience motherboards it as performing best and impressively.
GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite Gaming Features
- GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite features a design that is optimized for gamers, with onboard Intel ® GbE LAN featuring cFosSpeed Internet Accelerator Software.
- Improved power efficiency provides extended system lifespan and reduces heat generation while the Dual Power Supply delivers both stability and versatility.
- The Audio Noise Guard guarantees top-notch sound quality by isolating audio circuitry from noisy components such as graphics cards which can increase interference or create noise himself.
- With Smart Fan Control you can easily modify fan speeds to stay within their best ranges without any manual intervention – so it will be always up to date on the latest processor architecture!
- There are many more fantastic gaming features in this motherboards arsenal; like its Ultra Durable™ components that help it live up to its name.
- You also have the GIGABYTE App Center which allows you to customize your motherboard’s performance and functionality so if you want more SATA ports, or better on-board audio with integrated amplifiers, no problem!
- The B550 AORUS Elite offers plenty of connectivity options for any gamer out there; two USB Type-A connectors as well as six USB specification (USB OTG) ports give access to a variety of devices.
- There are four SATA III ports available, in addition to M.SATA slots for drives like SSDs – meaning you can store all your games wherever they’re needed most! With onboard Intel® Gigabit LAN and Dual Band 802.11ac Wi-Fi connections allow you to play games faster than ever before.
ASRock B450M Steel Legend
The ASRock B450M Steel Legend is a great budget motherboard for Ryzen CPUs. When paired with AMD StoreMI Technology, polychrome RGB lightning, M.2 armors and I/O shield, this motherboard stands above the competition. The board includes a 6-phase digital power system that is complemented by efficient voltage delivery to the motherboard.
With regards to cooling, its got a number of features including pre-eminent extra-wide aluminum heat sinks and M. 2 heatsinks that are able to handle the heavy loads. These will often settle out any heating from both the chipset and MOSFETs for stable performance.
Even though having two fan headers to choose from might not seem like a lot, they include the features you need and then some. The board also has DDR4 (XMP) memory slots that support 64GB of RAM overclockable to high speeds – up to 3455+ MHz.
The ASRock B450M Steel Legend board has the following features 2 M.2 slots, 1 of which is specially designed with a heatsink to keep the device cool while under heavy use, and 6 SATA ports that can facilitate data transfer speeds of up to 6 Gb/s.
In addition to PCIe 3.0 x16, this board also features a PCIe 2.0 x16 making it easy to set up a Crossfire setup with two AMD graphics cards. With a black exterior and aluminum covers, the board is aesthetically pleasing, sometimes with polychromatic RGB lightning.
RGB and ARGB light sources are available for your computer. The board offers a bevy of connectivity options, including USB 3.1 ports on the front and rear panels, Type-C for the back panel, Realtek gigabit LAN, HDMI port for video output, and power LED (s).
When it comes to durability, this board is made to last for as long as you need due in part to its many new features. These features make it a good option at an affordable price point.
The ASRock B450M Steel Legend is one of the best budget AMTS for those who want to get into overclocking. This device has a powerful chipset and performs well relative to its price.
ASRock B450M Steel Legend Features
- The ASRock B450M Steel Legend features an AMD B350 Chipset that offers plenty of compatibility with other motherboards, making it easy for you to swap out memory or processors if needed.
- Memory support on this motherboard range from up to DDR2666MHz (O.C+)/ 2400/ 2667(OC) MHz Dual Channel ECC & non-ECC Unbuffered DIMMs; Max capacity up to 64GB when using 16Gb DIMMS – four slots supporting dual-channel memory.
- For those who like to stay on the cutting edge of technology, this motherboard supports AMD Ryzen series and A-series APU’s with up to four cores. It has six SATA III ports which can support RAID 0/RAID levels for faster reads & writes. There is also plenty of room for expansion if you need it as well!
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E
The ASUS ROG Strix X570-E offers some compelling features such as PCIe 4.0, Wi-Fi 6, and LED lights. On top of its incredible power delivery is a robust and efficient 12 + 4 power stage design that provides superior heat transfer and cooling for extreme overclocking.
The ASUS ROG Strix X570-E VRM arrangement is designed with quality alloy chokes, thermal pads, extensive heatsinks and M.2 interface heat sinks. These features enable it to easily take on the thermal loads.
Designed with gamers in mind, the ASUS ROG Strix X570-E features a matte black six-layer PCB for customizing your gaming setup. The ASUS ROG Strix X570-E has 8 x SATA ports, each transfer data at 6 Gb/s.
The ASUS motherboard has room for 4 DDR4 RAMs and supports a maximum 128GB, which you can overclock using an XMP profile. There are 2 x PCIe 4.0 slots, 1 of which supports x16 speeds when 32 GB of system memory is installed and also one that supports 8x speeds with a 16x/8x switchable lane configuration.
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E includes some of the most recent and noteworthy additions, such as support for Multi-GPU setups (CrossFireX/SLI) and an 8 Channel SupremeFX Audio CODEC.
The ASUS ROG Strix X570-E includes a USB Type-C connector, Bluetooth 5, Wi-Fi 6, Gigabit LAN and HDMI port. ASUS ROG Strix X570-E is a high performance gaming motherboard that can enable you to build your powerful PC.
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Features:
- The ASUS ROG Strix X570-E motherboard has a M.A.P design, with the ASUS Aura Sync RGB LED lighting system embedded on the PCB and I/O shroud for beautiful aesthetics as well as top performance
- The VRM is made up of microfine particles that are coated with metal to enhance cooling efficiency while reducing thermal resistance
- A single click overclocking button in EZ Tuning Wizard makes it easy for anyone to achieve maximum CPU and Memory frequencies
- ASUS ROG Strix X570-E features ASUS Exclusive Fan Headers with full system fan control for the ultimate cooling and quietness
- There is a new UEFI BIOS design that incorporates all necessary overclocking and tuning options, as well as extensive tools to monitor CPU temperature. It also includes various customization options that are exclusive reserved only for Asus Motherboards
- The motherboard has an integrated I/O shield that makes installation simple while securing critical components from damage during transit.
MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC
The MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC has far outperformed previous models in numerous benchmark tests. Along with its sleek and durable black heatsink, it offers many customization options such as MSI’s Mystic Lighting and RGB headers. Its VRM is built to last for years while also providing maximum stability, which allows it to overclock more efficiently than other motherboards on the market.
MSI’s B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC comes with multi-GPU support and an 8+2 phase power design to make it a great choice for overclocking Ryen 3700X.
MSI’s B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC comes with a built-in heatsink that provides heat dissipation for VRM and chipset, so the CPU is not affected by larger loads you send to your system. The motherboard has over fifteen fan headers available in case this isn’t enough cooling power.
The M.2 slots support PCIe 3.0 mode, and one is also PCIe 2.0 compatible for legacy devices. There are six SATA ports with a 6Gb/s transfer speed to add an additional level of data storage capacity.
MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC features four slots for DDR4 memory, and each slot can be overclocked up to a 2667 MHz speed. In addition, MSI’s board has one PCIe 3.0 (x16) slot and one PCIe 2.0 (x16) slot available for expandability.
Audio Boost 4 combined with an amplifier means you won’t face any difficulties hearing your game. The board has plenty of connectivity options including a number of USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A video cards and some USB 3.0 ports on the rear side.
MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC board features on-board WiFi, Bluetooth and HDMI output. The feature set is rounded out by the capability to overclock for best performance in your next build.
MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Features:
- 13-phase power design
- Dr. MOS cooling solution
- AMD Ryzen AMP (Accelerated Processing Unit) protects processor cores;
- True Audio technology ensures every sound detail is heard in lifelike quality for both gaming and streaming/broadcasting – IR digital header; USB Type-C Gen.
- The MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC features an auto overclocking option so you can do away with manual tuning of CPU speeds as well as memory frequencies! With less than 20ms response time globally, this motherboard will make any game feel alive without any stuttering.
- Intel Gigabit LAN supports up to 12K ESD protection and high speed transfers; RAM frequency is overclockable from 2666MHz all the way up to 3466 MHz for extreme performance boosts.
- MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC features an Intel Gigabit LAN that supports up to 12K ESD protection and can deliver speeds of more than 1000Mbps with a latency of under 20ms when gaming online or transferring data!
MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus
The MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus has the best of both worlds: it supports PCIe 4.0 and overclocking, making it one of the best gaming motherboard options on the market today.
MSI’s MHz X570 Gaming Plus motherboard comes with a large heatsink, high-speed M.2 slots and other gaming features to satisfy your needs for an impressive system while playing the newest games such as ‘Auto Chess.’
The motherboard includes a two-phase power design with eight phases and two voltage regulator modules for the CPU.
The board has two power connectors that ensure an efficient power delivery with enough to spare for then energy-intense extreme gaming session. The MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus comes with three cooling features: A heat sink design, a fan on the VRMs, and an auto-adjusting setting that I can change based on my needs.
For additional cooling, the M.2 slots feature MSI’s current “M.2 Shield Frozr” technology to keep them running steadily and at a faster speed without any malfunctions.” This board includes two M.2 ports that can be either PCI/NVME or SATA-compatible, and six SATA ports giving you up to 6 Gb/s of transfer speeds.
In addition to support for up to 128GB of RAM overclocked at 4400MHz, the board features two PCIe x16 slots.
The MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus features support for multiple graphics cards but lacks SLI. With Mystic RGB lighting and plenty of options for customization, the MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus offers a stylish yet practical gaming experience.
There’s a wealth of connectivity options to the rear, including USB turbo-speed Type-C connection, HDMI port, audio ports featuring ALC1220 Codec and gigabit LAN.
Overall, the Gaming Plus offers a great mix of features for gamers and those who want to upgrade their PCs.
MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Features:
- LED Debug Code Reader
- Audio Solution
- HDMI Ports
- Affordable Price Point ($229)
- MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus is the world’s first Motherboard with Super RAID Mode and DDR AEC (Advanced Encryption Standard).
- It also features an integrated M.A.P.(Memory Access Prevention), a feature that prevents malicious programs from executing code on your system by blocking their memory access to critical areas of data storage.
- The motherboard has four PCIe Gen iii slots, two full length x16 slots and one half length slot for add in cards or other PCIe cards.
- MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus also features MSI’s famous audio solution is widely regarded as one of the best on the market and integrates an HDMI port for connecting your monitor or TV up close so you can enjoy what you are playing without any inconvenience.
ASUS ROG Strix X570-I
The ASUS ROG Strix X570-I is a perfect choice for gamers who are in the processing of building an mITX gaming machine, due to Its features include dual M.2 heatsinks, ProCool II power connectors, Aura Sync RGB, ROG Strix ecosystem and extensive aluminum heatsinks.
Apart from its aesthetic style, the ASUS ROG Strix X570-I is a worthwhile motherboard with a native solid matte-black PCB and elegant RGB lights to accentuate its appearance. The board includes Aura Sync RGB support for dynamic and diverse color schemes as well as additional RGB headers.
Built with an 8+2 phase power design and high-quality chokes to help your Ryzen 5 3600X run at peak condition from excessive overclocking periods, the ROG Strix X570-I features a robust board.
The ASUS ROG Strix X570-I also offers a variety of features to further increase cooling capabilities for high-end performance. Outfitted with an 8-layer PCB, it is equipped to offer unbroken cooling for periods of time.
For build quality, the board uses solid and durable heatsinks around the VRMs, dedicated M.2 heat shields, and an aluminum backplate that creates structural strength across all sides of the board.
ASUS ROG Strix X570-I includes 0% RPM mode and combined fan headers to make fan optimization a breeze.
On the ASUS X series motherboard, it’s easy to get your cooling just right with the help of FanXpert 4 software. With our new 0% RPM mode and combined PWM/AIO pump header, you can take control of your system cooling like never before!
The M.2 slots have a PCIe 4.0 x4 interface and can support up to 6 GB/s of transfer speed with 4x SATA ports for your device. ASUS also offers two DIMM slots that support a maximum memory size of 64 GB for even more storage space and performance.
The board supports overclocking the RAM with a maximum speed of 4,800 Mhz.The board is both SLI and CrossfireX compatible, with support for PCIe 4.0/3.0 x16 and x8 modes.
The ASUS ROG Strix X570-I motherboard comes with a wide range of futuristic connectivity features including Wi-Fi 6, 3.2 Type-A + C USB ports, an HDMI 4K port, SupremeFX8-Channel HD CODEC S1220A audio system and Aura Lighting Control alongside AI Suite 3.
Asus Rog Strx x57i Features
- ASUS ROG Strix X570-I is the latest motherboard with all the bells and whistles, including up to 20 PCIe Gen. III lanes required for high performance graphics cards or SSDs that need more bandwidth than a single lane can provide.
- The exclusive new Intel IZLINK II connection provides data transfer rates of 3600Mbps twice as fast as USB standard A+B cables used by other motherboards. This helps deliver uncompressed video without latency issues when it’s connected directly between two compatible devices like gaming monitors, streaming media players or TVs with no audio/video input port such as HDMI ARC connections.
- ASUS ROG Strix X570-I also has a powerful dual antenna Wi-Fi plus Bluetooth module that uses Intel Wireless AC. This delivers up to three times the wireless performance of previous generation modules and provides coverage for large homes with multiples floors or garages.
Asus ROG Strix B450-F
Asus ROG Strix B450-F is the perfect board for gamers that also depend on HDMI. With a great build quality and features such as M.2 SSD slots, Wi-Fi, Aura Sync RGB lighting, 8 SATA ports, and high-end audio; it’s the best mATX board you’re going to find.
Asus’ ROG Strix B450-F offers customized aesthetics, with both RGB lighting and a black PCB. Asus ROG Strix B450-F features a power delivery system with an 6+2 phase design and 24 pins + 8 pin eATX power connectors.
The board features both a PCIe and SATA M.2 slot, with the latter sporting speeds up to 6 GB/s–an appropriate speed for a high-end gaming rig. The Asus ROG Strix B450-F features DDR4 slots that can be overclocked up to 3600 MHz and is capable of supporting up to 128GB of RAM.
Additionally, this PC includes 3-Way CrossFireX via a primary PCIe x16 slot and an additional PCIe x8 or x4 slot. It features onboard power level optimizations to offer good heat dissipation despite the VRM heatsinks running just at standard speeds.
Further extension is available with the option to add an AIO water pump, or up to three additional fans. The board’s USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type A+C ports, HDMI port, Ethernet connection, and HD audio ports make for a high-speed connection.
To further circulate the air and cool down the room, you can use an AIO water pump or additional fans with a fan and water pump connector. If you’re restricted to a small mATX build, then consider the Asus ROG Strix B450-F for its excellent gaming power and aesthetics.
Asus ROG Strix B450-F features
- The ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F packs two reinforced PCIe slots that work in tandem to provide a x16/x0 lane configuration for graphics cards.
- With the use of premium components and intelligent design, this motherboard is able to support up to 64GB of DDR RAM with speeds rising into 3400MHz+.
- For those looking for every drop of performance from their CPU, the ASUS ROG STRIX’s integrated SupremeFX audio system has an upgraded ESS SABRE DAC (digital to analog converter) that delivers 120dB signal-to-noise ratio playback quality on both front panel and rear speakers.
- The number one complaint about most motherboards is a lack of RAM clearance for high-end graphics cards, which is why the ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F has been designed to accommodate up to four video cards in total.
MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS
MSI’s MPG B550 GAMING PLUS is a mainstream gaming machine. The MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS comes with many different built-in features, like Digital PMI and RGB lighting, as well as lightning-speed Gen 4 support.
The MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS’ design is characterized by its black PCB and LED strips on the heatsink sections. These can be defined via the Mystic Light application.
To unleash powerful performance, the MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS features a 10 phase digital power management design with heavy-duty thermal management. The board includes four DDR4 slots for a max capacity of 128 GB at a maximum overclocking speed of 4400 MHz.
MSI’s latest B550 GAMING PLUS gaming PC offers the latest in M.2 storage technology, with the capability for up to four drives and no bottlenecks thanks to PCIe Gen4 mode. You can even choose between RAID-0 or RAID-1 modes!
MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS features a PCIe x16 slot that is designed to support PCIEX 4.0 mode, and one lane of this slot also supports RX560 graphics cards in 2-way or 3-way configurations.
A motherboard’s PCIe slots are important for the performance of your system. MSI’s steel armor provides better, more stable performance when using PCIe cards. The rear I/O panel offers a number of connectivity options, including USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports, USB Type-C, HDMI input, HD audio connectors and outbound LAN port.
The MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS is an inexpensive board that allows for multiple setups and types of personal budgets.
MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS Features:
- Supports AMD RYZEN series processors and has a max TDP of 65W.
- Socket AM41 supports DDR type 1866/ 2400/ 2667 Mhz memory modules with maximum capacity up to 32GB. Memory channel support is dual, two channels per module. The nominal voltage for the mainboard is set at either +18V or +12V; it depends on your processor choice in order to maintain compatibility over various operating systems while keeping power consumption low as possible without compromising system stability.
- MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS features an ATX form factor measuring 24cm x 27cm (at 44mm). It also includes four slots for easier installation: Two PCIe X16 expansion card bracket and two PCIe X16 slots.
- MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS features a new lightweight PCB that reduces the use of energy and allows for better performance at lower temperatures, as well as an optimized layout to ensure a reduced footprint without sacrificing board quality or component stability.
- MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS is the perfect option if you want something that’s easy and fast installation combined with performance at lower temperatures when overclocking.”
ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
When it comes to power, the 12+2 DrMOS power stage is the standout feature of this motherboard. with all games installed on the system. The ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming features high capacity, durable capacitors that provide strong and reliable operation for processors of all different capacities
In addition to a high quality thermal solution, the motherboard is also designed so that it features an optimized thermal solution comprised of chipset heatsinks and premium VRM fan-less design.
ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming has some great thermal efficiency with high passive cooling capacity for the on-board components so your system will be running at better pace even under heavy load.
This motherboard is a great partner for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs and Zen 3 Core 5000 series. You’ll enjoy the cost-efficient performance as long as it’s compatible with your current CPU and GPU configuration.
Additional clarity: The computer is successfully compatible with third gen amd ryzen cpus as well as the zen3 ryzens
Not only does this ASUS motherboard have high-speed connectivity options, but it also has built-in Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11ax) capabilities and a headphone amplifier. These features make it one of the best boards for serious gamers on the market.
To amaze you even more with its higher performance connectivity options, this gaming laptop can also support DisplayPort 1. 2 output and HDMI 2. 1 ([email protected]) as well as PCIe 4.0 x4 and Thunderbolt 3 ports.
In addition to the dual M.2 SSD slots that come pre-installed with an NVMe SSD, it also has USB 3 stadiums Gen 2 Type-C port for high speed transfers or charging devices in a pinch and comes very soon after our last article on ASUS ROG Strix GL12VW Legion Y7000 Series Gaming Laptops vs MSI GS75 Stealth 8SG With Max Q Design Slipher.
Gaming is never a worthwhile experience without studio-grade audio, so ASUS made its motherboard with gaming-centric features like Noise Cancellation Mic Technology. This helps you enjoy your game more by giving you a better sound quality that draws you in.
ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Features
- The ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming contains an Intel Core i CPUs allowing it to run smoothly at higher speeds.
- It also comes equipped with up to 16GB DDR RAM installed on two DIMMs, ensuring smoother gameplay and fewer loading screens when playing multiple high graphics demanding titles simultaneously.
- Game Center Software for accessing the latest news about your favorite games in a single click as well as live streams of popular gaming events without ever leaving Windows. This program will also offer you automatic game updates so that you don’t have to waste time installing them manually every few days; this works.
MSI B550-A PRO ProSeries
Our last mention on our list is this budget board from MSI. One of the many things that makes it stand out is its Core Boost technology, which speeds up your CPU to make speedy and reliable performance a cinch.
MSI B550-A PRO ProSeries also features a premium thermal solution that comprises the heatsink thermal pad known for providing 7W/mK. The solution includes a PCB with 2oz thick copper to reduce its thermal conductivity.
The B550-A ProSeries features Audio Boost technology for the best sound experience. When you use this chip, it gives immersive gaming much like a studio-grade sound provision.
This motherboard is designed for future AMD Ryzen processors with an updated BIOS and 3rd generation AMD Ryzen processors. This variety of connectivity allows users to experience the versatility regardless of what processor they are using.
MSI incorporates the following features in its laptops to provide you with lightning-fast gaming experience: AMD Turbo USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0 and the Lightning Gen 4 M.2 Shield Frozr that comes equipped with a motherboard silencer to ensure uninterrupted entertainment.
MSI B550-A PRO ProSeries Features
- MSI B550-A PRO ProSeries features a powerful AMD A-series processor and MSI’s exclusive Turbo Drive Engine technology, making this motherboard the perfect platform for your next DIY system.
- The board is powered by an energy efficient socket FM series Intel Core i processors with up to four cores (CPUs) that enable the PC to deliver its best performance under all types of computing tasks.
- You can also take advantage of newest generation multi-core processing technologies with Hyper Threading Technology which enables each CPU core to execute two threads at once delivering significant power gains in both standard and multithreaded applications.
- When combined with DDR III memory you will have world’s fastest memory available on any desktop or server computer – without having to overpay for “turbo” models.
Frequently Asked Question
Question: What’s a motherboard?
Answer: A motherboard is the main circuit board that connects all your system components together. It lets you use things like USB, network ports, and graphics cards to talk to other devices in your computer or outside of it.
Question: Do I need one for my gaming setup?
Answer: Yes! The best motherboards for gaming come with lots of extra features not normally found on consumer boards such as better power delivery and cooling systems which help provide stability necessary for playing high-intensity games like shooters.
This also means they are more expensive than their non-gaming counterparts but worth it when you’re looking at building a new PC. For example, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F has a ton of features that make it perfect for gamers – like the inclusion of Asus Aura Sync, an RGB lighting system and GameFirst IV which offers great network management.
Question: What’s the difference between a laptop and desktop motherboard?
Answer: Desktop motherboards generally come with more ports than laptops, which often have less space to work with. They also tend to be larger (and heavier) for those reasons as well – but they’re usually still much cheaper because of that size difference meaning you’ll get better bang-for-your buck. Laptops are great when portability is your priority or if you don’t need extra features like graphics cards that take up lots of space on a board.
For example: Asus ROG Strix B450-F
The ASUS ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING WIFI Motherboard supports all AMR processors from AMD Ryzen 1000 series, giving it its own appeal. It also has DDR IV RAM which is the fastest available on any desktop or server computer without having to overpay for “turbo” models and giving users access to world’s top performance, stability and aesthetics.
It features an AMD AMR CPU with a new ASUS PRIME chipset that allows support for both CrossFireX as well as SLI technologies – meaning you can connect up-to-three Radeon RX 580s together in order to get maximum graphical megahertz from your system!
The board comes equipped with integrated I/O shield design, M.I.B II optimization toolkit and DTS PLAYSTATION® Certified surround sound audio providing immersive gaming much like studio grade sound provision so there are never obstacles blocking your way to victory.
This board also features an AI Suite III optimization toolkit which offers the best power efficiency with unique FanXpert II functions – meaning you’ll never be too hot or noisy in your gaming moments!
Conclusion paragraph: The MSI X570 Gaming Plus is the best motherboard for your Ryzen 5 3600X. This board has great cooling, and a very convenient layout in terms of cable management. It also comes with all the features you need to get started building your PC from scratch or upgrading an old machine. Hopefully this helped narrow the selection for you!