Can’t Hear People On Discord is a big problem in discord. Discord is one of the most popular voice and text chat apps out there, but it has a major flaw: you can’t hear what other people are saying. This problem has been on the rise recently with many users reporting that they can’t hear anyone when they’re in a call. If this sounds like you then don’t worry! There are 7 ways to fix your discord problem so that you can enjoy using Discord again without feeling anxious or frustrated about not being able to talk.
Sometimes everyone face Screen Share No Audio Problem, you can see that fix too.
Why Can’t Hear People On discord?
There are plenty of reasons why you may not be able to hear people on discord.
A) Your speaker volume is too low
B) You’re muted in the voice channel of discord or your mute status has been “seen” by other members of the chat server
C) The person that you want to speak with does not have a mic enabled and is not talking
D) Your discord volume is too low
E) Discord has crashed and you need to restart it.
F) You are playing a game that prevents your computer from hearing anything on discord, such as League of Legends or another voice-chat program for games like World of Warcraft.
G) The person who was speaking just left the chat server with no one else in there and so now you can’t hear anyone at all!
H) Discord’s audio settings have been changed without your knowledge by someone on the same machine (not recommended!) thats why you Can’t Hear People On Discord.
How to Fix Discord Can’t Hear Anyone?
There are plenty of methods to fix Can’t Hear People On Discord. In this guide, we will talk about the three main ways to solve it and some useful tips for you.
First of all, please make sure that your device is connected with a stable Wi-Fi signal. If not, try moving closer to your router or plugging in an Ethernet cable. Next time when you are using Discord on PC/MacOS/Linux: Press Ctrl + Shift + I (Windows) or Cmd + Opt+I(macOS) then select “Test Audio”. Then press any key once audio starts playing to stop testing if there is no sound coming out from speakers after selecting the Test Audio button successfully;
Here are the 7 Ways to Fix Can’t Hear People On Discord Problem:
1. Restrict Other Voice Impairing Apps
The first thing that you need to do is restrict other voice-impairing applications. If you’re using Discord and Skype, then it’s best if you don’t open up discord while on a call with someone over skype.
This can be done by manually closing the app or changing settings so that when opening the application, it doesn’t override any already running programs (like discord).
Keep The Volume Up For Other Programs And Apps
The next step would be to keep volume levels good for all of your apps.
2. Always Use Legacy in Discord Audio Subsystem
You have to turn on the Legacy Audio Mode in discord, but still not hearing anyone? Here how you can use the legacy system quickly:
Open up Discord and go to the Audio Subsystem setting located on the left-hand side of your screen.
Just a quick reminder, make sure you are not in Legacy Mode! The default mode should be Stereo Mixer for Windows users while Mac users will need to select System Preferences from their application menu bar at the top. For Linux or other operating systems please consult these instructions here.
– Once opened, we simply click “Legacy” on this window and it will automatically change our audio settings back to legacy where all our friends can hear us again!
– After selecting Legacy Mode, closeout discord by clicking File > Quit Application (Windows) or Command+Q (OSX). This is very important because if you don’t quit discord, the settings won’t stick and your sound will still be muted.
– Open up discord again and voila! You should now have a working microphone once more – all thanks to Legacy Mode! Thats how you can fix Can’t Hear People On Discord.
3. Change Advanced settings in discord
You can change the advance setting in discord to fix this problem. Here are the steps for change the advance setting is given below:
– Open discord
– Click on the user icon (your name) at the top of your screen, and select “Preferences” from the dropdown menu.
– Scroll down to Audio & Video > Advanced Settings:
– Select Voice Activity Detection Sensitivity. The default is set to Medium, but you can experiment with Low or High settings until you find one that suits you best. This will help prevent Discord from cutting out other players’ voices when they talk for too long in chat without any pauses between words.
– Once selected choose the Ok button on the bottom right-hand side of this window and reload discord again by clicking OK on this same window before it automatically closes. Now try talking into a microphone using the Discord app and see if you can hear people talking to you.
– If the issue persists, please try restarting your PC and make sure Discord isn’t running in one of your browser tabs as this could be a possible cause for not hearing voices from other discord users.
4. Provide Proper Audio Output & Input Settings
Provide proper audio output and input settings for discord in Windows to fix the problem of being unable to hear anyone on Discord.
– Enable “Stereo Mix” and/or “What U Hear” audio output options under Audio Properties -> Advanced controls.
– Configure microphone as default device: go to Sound Control Panel, select Recording tab, open Microphone properties window from the sidebar, set it as your Default Recorder by clicking the “Set Default” button next to Mic section (check screenshot).
You might need to change this setting back if you want other applications that use microphones (e.g., Skype) able to record sound without having a conflict with each other or when they don’t work properly together.
– Disable Firewall: please
Here are the steps by step guide for proper Audio output and input setting is given below:
– Click on the Start button and then click Control Panel.
– On the Control panel window, select Hardware and Sound from the left sidebar under System and Security (see screenshot).
– In your hardware properties window, you will be able to see a list of devices that are currently plugged in or have been detected by Windows. Check if there is anything related with Audio device input/output settings as shown below:
The following steps show how to properly set up audio output for discord can’t hear anyone issue: go down to Playback tab -> Speakers section -> Configure -> Properties option at bottom right corner of it; then select Customize -> Advanced Controls tab with “Stereo Mix” enabled for both speakers’ playback devices list and click OK to save the changes.
– Another thing is that you can also fix discord can’t hear anyone issue by installing a sound card driver provided from another company, such as Creative Sound Blaster (C\Program Files (x86)\Creative) or ASUS Audio Driver(C\Program Files (x86)\ASUS).
– In addition, there are still other solutions for fixing discord can’t hear anyone problem like updating your Windows OS with the latest version of it through System update settings in the Control Panel window -> Check for Updates, but I would recommend using an audio cable to connect your PC speaker/headphones instead than doing all the complicated troubleshooting steps if this doesn’t work outright.
5. Select Playback and Recording Devices Manually
– In the Playback and Recording Devices window, click on the sound card you want to fix discord can’t hear anyone issue with. For example Creative Sound Blaster (C\Program Files (x86)\Creative) or ASUS Audio Driver(C\Program Files (x86)\ASUS).
– Follow the steps as instructed by Windows OS for installing a new device driver onto your PC. It may ask you if it wants to restart your computer automatically after installation is completed.
If that’s okay with you then go ahead; otherwise, please wait until this process is done before shutting down Windows manually through Task Manager -> Processes Tab -> End all processes listed-> Restart Computer option in Shutdown menu of Start Menu
6. Changing Server Region
You can try changing your server region if you are experiencing the same issue.
– If your server is US East, try changing it to an EU Server like Amsterdam or London
– If your server is Europe North, try changing it to a European South Server such as Italy or Spain
This will work for some and not others due to latency issues and different regional servers being better at connecting with other regions than they are local ones.
Some also may find that certain countries have more bandwidth available within the country so connections there could be faster overall even when going through a longer distance which can result in less lag time for voice chat service on Discord.
In addition, this does nothing about any Wi-Fi interference occurring in homes but should provide some relief from connection degradation when using it on a cellular data network.
7. Refresh all settings
Refresh all settings in order to fix the problem. To do this, go to ‘Settings’ on your computer or phone and then click ‘Voice & Video’ from the menu that appears.
– Update Voice Quality – Lowest/Highest (Depending on what you are running)
– Select “Share My Actual Microphone Input” – This should be checked by default if not leave it checked and apply changes
After doing these steps, try playing a game where chatting is required again. If the discord can’t hear anyone issue doesn’t arise now, congratulations! You have fixed it!
Note: Please note that there may still be other problems with discord such as echo cancellation so make sure to keep an eye out for any other issues.
Frequently Asked Question
Question: How to Fix Not Beaing Able to Hear Anyone in Discord?
Answer: -Open your discord settings, scroll down to the heading Voice and Video > Settings.
-Change from “Push To Talk” mode or adjust the volume of each server you are playing on individually by following these steps:
-In a new tab go to Server Setting for whichever voice channel that is not working properly. If it’s just one voice channel then any will do but if there are multiple channels causing problems with sound quality, use those specific ones when adjusting their volumes (e.g., Raids).
Clicking into this screen shows three different tabs – one named Chat Volume which adjusts how much chat audio plays out loud according to what level you set it at; another called Mic Volume which adjusts the volume of your microphone’s input according to what level you set it at; and another called Voice Mixer, which is a slider that will adjust how much game audio plays out loud when using Push To Talk mode.
-Adjusting these settings can fix sound quality issues with discord.”
Question: Why I Can’t Hear People On Discord?
Answer: Can’t Hear People On Discord if they have voice_input set to push-to-talk in the Voice settings.
To fix this, make sure your voice is not set on “Push To Talk” and play a sound so you know that it works! From now on, Discord will always be able to hear everyone else without any problems.
It feels very bad when you can not hear your friends on discord. You will all the possible fixes Can’t Hear People On Discord above in this article.
I hope these tips helped you figure out how to fix Can’t Hear People On Discord because I know how frustrating it gets when it won’t work properly!